Urban Planner at BUA Group
BUA Group is among the top Conglomerates in nigeria. The firm was founded in 1988. its focuses on Foods, iron & steel, agricultural, industrial chemicals & Infrastructure.
Job Title: Urban Planner
Location: Lafiagi, Kwara
- Responsible for conducting urban planning studies and recommend locations for roads, schools, utilities, cane field, industrial complex, and overall layout of projects in order to help the company solve economic and social issues and better utilize the project area.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
- Support on feasibility studies by preparing planning reports and projects layouts.
- Prepare the final project master plans reflecting the physical layout plans for residential, service, agriculture, and industrial areas.
- Follow on and prepare socio-economic impact assessment and demographic studies, environmental impact assessment, site analysis and environmental audit reports.
- Assess and conduct transportation and traffic management studies to ensure flow of traffic for cane transport, harvesting, and other vehicles movement.
- Assess waste management strategies and plans and ensure they meet good engineering and best practices.
- Ensure the final project master plan balances the built environment, conserves natural resources and creates diverse, vibrant and sustainable places where company workers live, work and entertain.
- BSc/BTech/HND in Architecture, Urban Planning or equivalent.
- 10 years experience in Engineering with minimum 7 years in the urban planning.
- Exposure to interconnected projects with both a holistic and detail-oriented perspectives.
- Ability to make high-quality graphics, diagrams, maps, sketches and/or renderings with good experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Experienced in using web-based mapping platforms like, CartoDB, MapBox or other platforms designed to use Open Street Map.
- Exposure with good understanding of agriculture and agribusiness projects planning and layouts.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday 15th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] Please indicate the position in the subject of your application.
- Qualified candidates that meet the specified criteria for each role are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
|Job Category||Consulting / Business Strategy/ Planning|
|Application Deadline||15th October, 2019|