Job Title Vice-Chancellor:
Location: Jos, Plateau
- The post of the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Jos, Nigeria became vacant on June 23, 2021. In accordance with the provisions of section 4 of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003, the Governing Council of the University of Jos wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor for the University.
The Position the Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the Institution, an Ex-Office Chairman of the Senate and Member of the University Governing Council.
- He shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall have general responsibility to Council for maintaining and promoting efficiency and order in the University.
- It shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to ensure that the provisions of the Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations of the University are upheld.
- He shall also exercise such powers as may be expedient Within the law.
The Candidate for the post of the Vice-Chancellor of the University must possess a good University Education from a recognized University and should be of impeccable integrity, a good manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the Candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished Scholar of the rank of Professor of not less than five(5) years’ experience as professor and not less than 50 years of age;
- He should have had a wide administrative and managerial experience and be capable of giving dynamic leadership to the University
- Be one with high scholastic and academic credentials who must have outstanding accomplishments in academic and public life.
- He must also have a subsisting teaching and research position in a university;
- Command both national and international respect
- Be a person who will not foster any personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interests
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract funds and endowment and to mobilize other resources for the development of the University
- Be free from any form of financial encumbrances
- Be of good physical and mental health
- Be not more than sixty-five (65) years of age at the time of assumption of office.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of the Vice-Chancellor in all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined by the Government/Governing Council of the University as appropriate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should have their Applications in a sealed envelope(s). The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications or nominations should be marked Post of Vice-Chancellor at the top left hand corner of the envelope and forwarded to reach:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
University of Jos,
Jos, Plateau State,
Post code 930001 Nigeria.
- Each application should be made in thirty (30) copies and be accompanied by thirty (30) copies of the candidate’s curriculum vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae must contain details of the candidate’s names in full, age, nationality, marital status, educational attainment, professional and academic achievements.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each Referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Each application must also be accompanied by thirty (30) copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the development of the University.
- In the case of the candidates identified by the Search Team, the application shall conform with the requirements above, and in addition, the candidates shall present letters of consent duly signed by them along with their applications.
Note: Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline: October 15, 2021
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|