Vice President, Real Estate Finance is needed at Stanbic IBTC Bank
JOB TITLE: Vice President, Real Estate Finance
Job ID: 48591
LOCATION: Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Investment Banking
This team focuses on the Real Estate equities portfolio in South Africa and the rest of our African operations, spanning Joint Ventures and Affordable Housing Development, which supports our commitment to meaningful transformation by providing high-quality homes for low-income households.
- To provide deal execution management, guidance and support to junior colleagues (both associates and analysts) for all transactional and administrative aspects involved throughout the entire Real Estate finance value chain process (i.e. advisory, origination, debt structuring, execution, financial close and ongoing transaction monitoring for all projects).
Identifying and developing opportunities:
- Assist in developing debt structuring/arranging and / or advisory mandates for identified opportunities
Developing comprehensive financial models:
- Developing and manipulation of excel spreadsheets and other comprehensive financial models for Real Estate finance transactions
Data gathering and base case development:
- Assist in undertaking data gathering for model / spreadsheet inputs and working alongside relevant consultants in finalizing Base Case models for debt funding transactions
- Assist in undertaking financial analysis of company / projects and project financial statements and preparing brief internal reports based on findings
Developing and managing deal execution and project deliverables:
- Assist in developing and managing execution of deal and project deliverables during the entire transaction value chain (this will include but not limited to the following;- preparation and review of Information Memorandum, Transaction Timetables, Financial Models, Internal Transaction Documents (i.e. Pre Credit papers and Credit Papers, Investment Teasers, Term Sheets, Loan Documentation etc)
referred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors’ Honours Degree in Built Environment, Economics, Accounting, Banking & Finance, Engineering or other related subjects
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree with minimum of Second Class Upper division (2:1) In addition, CFA accreditation would be useful. CFA accreditation, Professional membership of real estate bodies such as RICS, ULI etc., would be useful
- The job applicant should have between 8 – 10 years related work experience, preferably from a real estate finance/ project finance/ advisory background.
Key Performance Measures:
- Perform calls to existing and potential customers to follow up on opportunities and support in the presenting of the bank’s credentials.
- With guidance from the respective unit head and senior colleagues, interact on a select basis with clients on mandated transactions until project achieves financial closing.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance, Finance Officer - Receivables|