Ward Development Committee Consultant (Borno) is needed at Options Consultancy Services Limited
JOB TITLE: Ward Development Committee Consultant – Borno
Contract Type: Consultancy
- Options Consultancy Services seeks a consultant to assess the capacity of a sample of Ward Development Committees (WDC) and propose a capacity development plan to address identified gaps.
- The consultant will also help establish a State Led Accountability Mechanism (SLAM) in Borno State.
- The consultancy will provide Lafiya programme and other key actors with a deeper understanding of the level of knowledge and functionality of Ward Development Committees (WDC), establish a State Led Accountability Mechanism (SLAM) in Borno and provide recommendations on addressing knowledge and capacity gaps in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- The assignment will be used to provide a baseline on levels of capacity and functionality of WDCs and the newly established SLAM and will inform programme interventions to strengthen the SLAM and WDCs in advocacy and accountability on prioritisation of health investment for human capital development.
- Postgraduate medical qualification, or a PhD in the Social Sciences/Health Policy with at least 3 years post qualification experience, or a master’s degree with 7years post qualification experience.
Expertise / skills:
- Technical expertise in PHC, health systems strengthening, and accountability, particularly the primary health system strengthening (PHC) approach.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with government ministries, state and local governments, service providers, communities, and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health system is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of, and experience with applying and facilitating capacity or organisational development tools
- Demonstrated ability to integrate, synthesize and communicate complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience of working in strengthening PHC system in developing countries through community participation or enhancing accountability. Prior experience with community work linked with PHC and/or accountability mechanisms is an added advantage.
- Experience in health system strengthening (HSS), workshop facilitation, data collection, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Previous working experience with DFID and/or other international agencies.
- Experience working with the national, state, or local governments in Nigeria is an advantage.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||12th July, 2020.|