Job Title: WATSAN Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager Assistant and indirectly the Project Team Leader and WASH Program Manager, the WatSan Officer will be in charge of setting up all activities related to improving access to water and sanitation including needs assessments, activities’ implementation and monitoring and project evaluation.
- More precisely, the WatSan foreman will be responsible for rehabilitation or construction of boreholes or other water points, monitoring of water quality, construction of emergency latrines and bathing areas, including purchase of the appropriate material, supervision of contractors’ teams.
- He will work in good coordination with the WatSan community mobilizer in order to ensure the quality of the implemented activities and will provide technical support for all WatSan related issues. He/she will ensure that SI’s technical recommendations and procedures are followed
List of Main Tasks
Set-up and operational monitoring:
- Provide technical input on activity design adapted to the context
- Under the supervision of the team leader and Program Manager Assistant, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the team leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
- Respect deadlines established with his/her team leader or project manager
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Support the Community Mobilisers in organizing, planning and supervising community participation for WatSan activities
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the project manager and/or team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
Reporting/ Communication / Representation:
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her team leader and/or project manager assistant
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of his/her team leader
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the team leader regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyse the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Minimum B.Sc. or HND in social sciences
- 1-2 years’ experience in humanitarian activity with minimum 1 year in an emergency project.
- He/she is in charge to create awareness of the Solidarités International programs throughout targeted communities.
- Could be asked to take part in training or distribution activities
- He/she participates in monitoring the implementing activities and assessing new needs
- He/she participates in the collection of data, mapping and general information on communities and in the identification of the beneficiaries within the communities
- Experience to lead various capacity building initiatives with strong facilitation skill
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Must be fluent in one of the local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa)
- He/she has Good computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel).
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
Deadline: January 17, 2021
|Job Category||Project Management|