JOB TITLE: Front-End Developer
JOB LOCATION: Port Harcourt Branch
We are looking for programmers with a keen eye for design for the position of Front End Developer. Front-end Developers are responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
The Front End Developers are required to work in teams alongside Back end Developers, Graphic Designers, and User Experience Designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
Note: The UI/UX designer is expected to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app. However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
Remuneration: Very Competitive.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their Portfolio, Cv and Cover Letter using the JOB TITLE as Subject of mail to [email protected]
Deadline: May 8, 2021
|Job Category||Software/ Programming / Web development|