JOB TITLE: Workday Finance System Administrator
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria (Remote)
- The Workday Finance System Administrator (Sys Admin) provides routine support for the following Workday functional areas: Procurement and Suppliers, Expense Management, Banking and Settlement, Financial Accounting (General Ledger and Reporting), Business Assets, Projects, Budgeting and Financial Planning. Ipas utilizes Workday’s full suite of solutions for Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial Management, and this role will collaborate closely with their counterpart in HR to ensure data integrity across functional areas.
- This role will directly manage and maintain the Workday system. This role will perform Workday administrative functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, integrations, and upgrades. This person will be responsible for engaging short-term consultants, as needed, for the success of projects.
- The Workday Sys Admin understands and is familiar with the processes performed by functional Finance business areas. The Workday Sys Admin coordinates and seeks alignment across business units to maximize efficiency and productivity. The Workday Sys Admin identifies and addresses areas for process improvement and operational efficiencies.
- The Workday Sys Admin is a skilled communicator, a strong documenter of processes and decisions, and is able to clearly and effectively provide updates on the status of ongoing projects, issues, and upcoming needs.
- Provides routine support for the following Workday functional areas: Procurement and Suppliers, Expense Management, Banking and Settlement, Financial Accounting (General Ledger and Reporting), Business Assets, Projects, Budgeting and Financial Planning.
- Supports these functional areas in a production environment and works independently with minimal oversight.
- Performs Workday administrative functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, integrations, and upgrades.
- Monitors tickets and responds to daily support requests and resolves issues. Proactively communicates with internal customers.
- Provides technical and functional expertise including solution review, alternative options for resolution, and recommendations.
- Creates technical configuration including business process workflow, custom fields, custom validations, custom reports, dashboards, integrations, and access rights.
- Write standard, advanced, matrix and composite reports as well as creating complex calculated fields, custom objects, and worksheets.
- Proactively validates and identifies technical/functional issues, recommends solutions, and drives timely decisions.
- Acts as the organization’s lead change agent in preparation and implementation of new system rollouts and upgrades.
- Independently implements enhancements and solutions for identified issues including reporting and integrations, while also identifying skills needed from external resources to fill internal knowledge gaps and managing these resources.
- Monitors system performance, efficiency, and use.
- Develops triage criteria for assigning tickets among subject matter experts.
- Facilitates cross-functional team meetings.
- Liaise with Workday user community to access best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 9+ years relevant experience.
- 3+ years Workday ERP experience, with expertise in FDM and exposure to HRIS.
- Experience managing contractors, and vendors.
- Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric systems, with a focus on usability.
- Proven record of clear communication (oral and written) with diverse audiences and a record of producing clear documentation.
- Workday ERP certifications in Financials, and/or Report Writing.
- Rich skills and experience with Microsoft solutions especially Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with global systems deployment.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Agile, and/or other methodologies.
- Expertise in collaborative technologies including Microsoft solutions (SharePoint, OneDrive, Planner, etc.) and/or other project management tools.
- Strong understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC) and ITIL framework and principals.
- International non-profit/NGO experience.
|Job Category||Administration/ Office/ Operations, Finance Officer - Receivables|