JOB TITLE: Workshop Manager
JOB LOCATION: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for workshop administration, vehicle maintenance and servicing of company’s vehicle in the region.
- Ensure genuine parts are collected/procured and used by in-house technicians and external mechanics.
- Ensure availability and reliability of vehicles for smooth operations at all time in the region.
- Carry out annual budget of the workshop operation for the region.
- Carry out appraisal of technicians periodically.
- Coordinating the activities of the repairs in the workshop in the region.
- Supervising the repairs been carry out in the workshop on all vehicles.
- Availability of parts for repairs in the workshop at all times.
- Development of skills man power through in house seminar-training on technicalities if maintenance and safety repair for staff.
- Diagnosing vehicles fault.
- Test driving of vehicles after repair.
- Documentation of vehicle fault.
- Opening of job card.
- Assigning job to technicians.
- Oversee the activities of wheel balancing and alignment section for the vehicles in the region.
- Oversee the activities of panel beating section in the region.
- Oversee the activities of painting section in the region.
- Oversee the activities of the electric section in the region.
- Ensure vehicle in the region are rescued and recovered in case of breakdown.
- Identify the gap in vehicle maintenance and recommend the necessary actions to be taken to fill the gap.
- Liaise with Coordinators / Supervisors / Operation Regional Manager and external technicians in the region to ensure adequate maintenance and repairs of vehicles.
- Recommend to drivers on the efficient manners of driving company’s vehicles to reduce rate of damage.
- Recommend specialist to work on the company’s vehicles such as gear system, break system e.t.c
- Involve in recruitment exercise for mechanic.
- Carry out other task assigned by the Lead, Workshop and the MD.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 7 years work experience.
Key Areas of Performance:
- Level of integrity
- Effectiveness of corrective actions
- Level of wastages and efficiencies
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Prevention of suppliers’ over-invoicing
- Prevention of income leakages
- Level of adherence to organizational processes and policies
- Economy : Effective utilization of company’s resources
- Efficiency: Prevention of wastages
- Level of compliance with regulatory authorities and internal policies
- Risk management and prevention
- Turnaround time to respond to request
- Timely preparation of reports
- Level of efficiency and savings with operating expenses such as spare part costs, repair costs, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: August 15, 2021